Marriage License Information
Requirements for a marriage license issued by Holt County:
- Both applicants must be at least 17 years of age. You cannot marry in Nebraska if you are under 17.
- Parental consent required for applicants who are 17 or 18 years of age. The parental consent forms are available at the County Clerk's office.
- One form of identification is required (Ex. Driver's License or Passport).
- Need to know birthplaces of both parents.
- Need full names and birthplaces of both parents.
- The bride and groom must provide their Social Security Numbers, if they have one. Applicants who do not have a Social Security Number must complete a form provided by the Clerk asserting they do not have a Social Security Number.
- If the applicant had a previous marriage, we will need to know the date the marriage ended. (Date of divorce decree or date of death).
- No blood test is required.
- Licenses are good for one year from date of issuance. Therefore, they have to be married within that year or they need to apply again.
- A couple may apply for their license in any county in Nebraska and use it to be married in any other Nebraska county.
- The fee for a marriage license is $25.00.
To receive a Holt County Certified Marriage License, send a $5.00 check or money order and the following information (NOTE: Your marriage license must be issued in Holt County in order to receive a copy):
- Name of Groom/Party A
- Name of Bride/Party B (including Maiden Name)
- Month/Day/Year of marriage